Time: 40 minutes
1/2 c. frozen peas
12 oz. asparagus
8 oz. pasta
1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
4 slices bacon
1 c. diced red bell pepper
salt & pepper
*Items in italics are considered common items and thus not included in Bee Bag.
1. Put a 3 qt. pot of water on to boil with ½ t. salt. Also put 2 qt. pot of water on to boil without salt.
2. Trim asparagus and cut into 1-inch pieces, dice bell pepper.
3. Add pasta to 3 qt. salted boiling water, cook for 11 min. until al dente. Add asparagus and peas to 2 qt. unsalted boiling water for 3 min. Drain and plunge into ice water bath, drain again.
4. Combine cheese, ½ t. salt, ½ t. black pepper and eggs; wisk to blend well.
5. While pasta continues cooking, chop bacon and fry in pan 6 min., remove. Add red bell pepper to pan and cook 3 min.
6. Drain pasta (reserving ¼ c. pasta water) and toss with asparagus, peas and bacon.
7. Gradually add hot reserved pasta water to egg mixture, stirring constantly with whisk.
8. Add pasta & veggies to pan with red bell pepper. Cook 1 min. until everything is well heated; remove from pan and stir in egg mixture. Return pan to low heat; cook for 2 min or until sauce thickens slightly, stirring constantly.
9. Slice apples and bananas.
10. Dish up!
Spring Vegetable Carbonara
A little bacon makes everything more tasty - even spring vegetables! And egg-cheese carbonara makes it smooth and creamy. A great way to celebrate the warmer weather!